Project Quality Engineer F/M
Joining Portalp Railway means…
Take part in large-scale projects and contribute to the development and improvement of urban and tourist mobility.
In France and abroad, Portalp Railway offers you the chance to work on innovative projects with a varied scope of activities: platform screen doors for heavy and light railways, funicular railways, cable cars, high-wheelers and other forms of transport; metalwork equipment and solutions; smart cards for on-board systems.
Portalp Railway is part of the Portalp Group, with sales of €123 million, 1,100 employees and 27 branches nationwide.
To support us in these three activities, we are looking for a Project Quality Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary project team and work on challenging projects with strong standards constraints.
Your quality missions will follow the life of the projects from the prototyping to the installation phase.
Project and development phase
- Drawing up the project quality assurance plan
- Draw up control/monitoring plans and certificates of conformity for production output
- Drafting and monitoring customer waivers/validating internal waivers from the business lines
- Actively participate in project meetings (weekly follow-up, engineering change request meeting, update with purchasing, internal)
- Prepare and hold project milestone reviews (based on V cycle)
- Participate in and validate the 1st version of the production operating procedures
- Take part in customer, partner and group meetings
- Prototype follow-up
- Participation in customer or group audits
- Monitoring non-conformities across the project (fnr, install, prod)
- Compile data for the Product Quality indicators requested by customers and project teams
- Prepare the materials for the operational committee review within the scope of responsibility
- Participate in analyses of failure modes, their effects and criticality, and other risk analyses
- Participate in the continuous improvement process within its scope
- Act as an interface between the Portalp teams and the supplier quality teams of our customers and partners
- Carrying out project audits (linked to rail standards)
- Be a driving force behind the introduction of quality tools
- Guarantee product compliance during the installation phase
- Carrying out site audits
- Draw up site installation control sheets
- Managing reserves (factory non-quality)
- Draw up installation inspection plans
- Validate installation instructions
With at least 5 years' higher education specialising in quality or mechanics, you will have significant experience (at least 5 years) in Project Quality in a demanding standards field (rail, aeronautics, automotive).
Your softs skills :
- Listening and communicating (oral and written communication skills)
- Making choices; reacting and managing priorities
- Processing information
- Working as part of a team and network
- Analysing and solving problems
- Anticipating and challenging
- Ability to convince / unite people around oneself
- Results orientation
- You are familiar with quality tools
- Good command of the English language
- Full-time, open-ended contract based in Saint-Egrève (near Grenoble)
- Annual salary depending on experience, luncheon voucher, health insurance, Company social committee
- Fixed-price executive.
- During the installation phase, 1 week's travel per month on site