Project Buyer M/F
Joining Portalp Railway means…
Take part in large-scale projects and contribute to the development and improvement of urban and tourist mobility.
In France and abroad, Portalp Railway offers you the chance to work on innovative projects with a varied scope of activities: platform screen doors for heavy and light metro systems, funiculars, cable cars, big wheels and other forms of transport; metalwork equipment and solutions as well as smart cards for on-board systems.
Portalp Railway is part of the Portalp Group, with a turnover of 123 million €, 1,100 employees and 27 local agencies throughout France.
We offer an exciting working environment, a working atmosphere that gives you the opportunity to develop your potential, and a corporate culture that values respect and recognition.
To support us in the development of our rail business, we are looking for a project buyer, reporting to the Purchasing department.
As a member of the Project team, you will be responsible for all purchasing activities relating to the project: validity of specifications, supplier sourcing, RFI/ RFQ, negotiations, etc. You will ensure that the project schedule is adhered to in relation to suppliers.
You will be involved throughout the project, from specifications to design, prototyping, etc., as well as managing system maintenance.
- Understand the project's initial objectives and how they relate to the company's overall strategy.
- Participating in the drafting of specifications with the project team, in particular the R&D, quality and methods teams.
- Define project objectives precisely and translate them into purchasing objectives: budget, costs, quality, deadlines, quantities, etc.
- Together with the project team, to draw up a precise schedule for each member of the team in line with the project's requirements.
- Working with the industrial purchasing teams, draw up the consultation and supplier selection schedule.
- Identify all the suppliers and service providers likely to meet the specific needs of the project: raw materials, processed products, services or intellectual services, production lines, etc. and carry out precise comparisons of suppliers (benchmarking, competitive tendering) according to various key variables: technicality and quality performance, understanding of the need, production capacity, assessment of economic and geographical risks, etc.
- With the help of the project team, choose the service providers and suppliers best suited to the project's objectives.
Negotiation and contracting
- Negotiate contractual terms with selected suppliers and/or service providers: quality targets, prices, compliance with schedules, etc.
- Drawing up, or having drawn up by the legal department, contracts specifying the qualitative and quantitative targets to be met by suppliers.
Project and supplier monitoring
- Ensuring compliance with contractual requirements (on the supplier side): quality monitoring and auditing, meeting deadlines, etc. and intervening in the event of disputes
- Monitor the Purchasing budget realisation rate (committed budget/total budget) and analyse it in relation to project progress
You have a 5-year degree in Purchasing Management or equivalent or an engineering degree (mechanical engineering, mechatronics, etc.), and at least 5 years' experience as a project buyer (multi-disciplinary system development project with a focus on mechanical engineering).
The qualifications below are not a prerequisite, but if you have a technical background (BAC +3 in mechanics) and have had a successful career in Project Purchasing, your application will be greatly appreciated.
You are fluent in professional English, dynamic, adaptable and stress-resistant, with excellent negotiating and analytical skills, and you will enjoy working as part of a team.
Our benefits: Staff mutual insurance, works council, meal vouchers, profit-sharing, leave bonus.